POLLUTION FROM TYRE WEAR 1,000 TIMES WORSE THAN EXHAUST EMISSIONS
- ight regulation of exhaust emissions by the EU has meant that new cars emit very little particle pollution
- But tyre wear pollution is unregulated and can be 1,000 times worse, finds independent real-world testing experts Emissions Analytics
- Increased popularity of SUVs, larger and heavier than standard vehicles, exacerbates this problem – as does growing sales of heavy EVs and widespread use of budget tyres
- Fitting only high-quality tyres and lowering vehicle weight are routes to reducing these ‘non-exhaust emissions’
- Learn more about Emissions Analytics here: https://www.emissionsanalytics.com
Oxford, 6th March 2020: Pollution from tyre wear can be 1,000 times worse than what comes out of a car’s exhaust, Emissions Analytics has found.
Harmful particle matter from tyres – and also brakes – is a very serious and growing environmental problem, one that is being exacerbated…