This is CNBC’s live blog covering all the latest news on the coronavirus outbreak. All times below are in Eastern time. This blog will be updated throughout the day as the news breaks.
- Global cases: More than 169,387, according to Johns Hopkins University.
- Global deaths: At least 6,513, according to Johns Hopkins University.
- US cases: At least 3,774, according to Johns Hopkins University.
- US deaths: At least 69, according to Johns Hopkins University.
12:11 pm: 8 steps to take if you can’t make ends meet because of the coronavirus
If you don’t have an emergency fund and are struggling to make ends meet during these uncertain times, here are eight steps to take.
- Contact creditors right away
- Create an “emergency” budget
- Consider a personal loan
- Use the product with the lowest interest rate
- Send temporary hardship letters
- Use community and government assistance programs
- Draw on retirement savings
- Avoid payday loans
With the coronavirus pandemic causing many workers to lose hours, it’s more…